Esplanade celebrated our 10th Anniversary in 2012 with many programmes reaching out to people from all walks of life. We couldn’t have done this without your support and we would like to thank you for this. As the year has come to a close, we have wound down our 10th anniversary celebration activities. Thus, we will no longer be updating this website but we’ll definitely keep it for the memories and all your wonderful messages.
We are planning another year of great programmes for 2013 and hope you will continue to visit us at Esplanade. To follow our activities, please visit our main website.
Wishing you a joyous 2013!
With best wishes,
Esplanade's 10th anniversary in 2012
Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay commemorated its 10th anniversary in 2012 with the theme Celebrating Life – The best of the Human Spirit through the Arts. A year-long presentation of arts performances and activities was launched that featured and paid tribute to 17 key values, each of which was embodied by an Esplanade Presents series or festival that best illustrated its essence.Show more ↓
By foregrounding a different human value through the various Esplanade Presents programmes, we aimed at turning our audience's attention to what is dear in life. And as we rededicated ourselves in service to the community, we hope that everyone who joined us throughout the year was able to embrace those values and let the arts uplift their spirits.
Man is a paradox - he thinks, feels and acts according to an instinct for self-preservation as well as a nobler impulse of selflessness. This latter capacity is rooted in a deep caring for all life and gives rise to qualities such as compassion, courage, faith, hope and love, a respect for others and a capacity for gratitude and joy. These values form the basis of individual conduct as well as the foundation of societies. And it is these values that are constantly and continually realized and transmitted through the arts of different cultures.Show more ↓
The arts serve several purposes in society. They challenge our concepts and beliefs and they generate awareness. They ground us in reality even as they inspire infinite possibilities. They set us apart as individuals while they connect us with each other. Most importantly, with everything that they do, they help us to newly appreciate the experience of being human.
- Celebrate December 14 – 31 Dec Joy
- Marina Bay Singapore Countdown 31 Dec Gratitude
- Huayi - Chinese Festival of Arts 27 Jan - 5 Feb Courage
- Mosaic Music Festival 9 - 18 Mar Peace
- A Tapestry of Sacred Music 27 – 29 Apr Faith
- The Studios Apr – May / Jul – Sep Truth
- Flipside 18 May – 3 Jun Fun
- ConversAsians 31 May – 2 Jun Trust
- Yfest and Baybeats 22 - 24 Jun & 29 Jun - 1 Jul Friendship
- National Day Celebrations 8 – 12 Aug Harmony
- Pesta Raya – Malay Festival of Arts 7 – 16 Sep Grace
- Moonfest – A Mid-Autumn Celebration 28 – 30 Sep Home
- Octoburst! 5 – 7 Oct Hope
- Dedicated to You 11 – 14 Oct Service
- da:ns festival 19 – 28 Oct Love
- A Date with Friends 15 – 18 Nov Respect
- Kalaa Utsavam – Indian Festival of Arts 23 Nov – 2 Dec Passion